By now, you have well understood that a contest or giveaway allows you to bring more traffic to your blog and new subscribers to your social media pages. But as in all things, there is a time for everything. One might think that all opportunities are good to please and spoil readers.
That is right; however, choosing the right time gives you a leg up when approaching brands. Here is a list of good moments to hold a giveaway.
- Your blog’s anniversary: Your blog is celebrating its first year? Great! Take the opportunity to organize a giveaway and thank your loyal readers for their commitment.
- You have reached 500 fans (on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram).
- The holiday season is approaching? Christmas and New Year’s Eve are the perfect time to spoil your readers.
- Your own birthday! It might be your birthday, but your readers will appreciate you thinking of them on this special day!
- Father’s Day, Mother’s day or any similar celebration. In addition to offering them an amazing shopping selection, take the opportunity to hold a giveaway!
- A brand contacted you to offer you a product? Great, ask for a second item and save one for your readers. That way, everybody wins (and is happy)!
You are now ready to organize a contest on your blog!